Students sit in a circle facing outwards with the lights off. Students are to then count up to the same number as the amount of participants asynchronously and randomly. If a number is said by more than one student at the same time than the students are to start over.
- Encourages concentration/ focus
- Some participants might need brighter lighting to feel comfortable
- When moving from a high energy activity to a low energy activity
- Lights on
- Number can change depending on the age of participants
- Have students count as high as they can
- Instead of numbers, use the alphabet