My Grandparent’s house is filled with antique treasure! Even though I see their home as the epitome of a stereotypical “grandparents house”, it is endeniably unique to any other house I have seen. You know how you percieve things differently when you’ve been around them for a long time? While helping my Grandma make supper tonight, I noticed how old the kitchen stove is. Even though I have been cooking with my Grandma with that stove for as long as I can remember, it wasn’t until now that the authenticity caught my eye. And the stove is just the begining. Below are several photos I have taken around my Grandparent’s home!
- They have a lot of china cabnets filled with collectors pinwheel crystal, antique collectors china sets, antique silver, royal dolton figurines, and other treasures:
2) Kaiser porcelain collectors plates from Germany can be found hanging on multiple walls throughout the house. Grandma says tht each plate was orginally worth $50! Holy moly!
3) At the bottom of the staircase is my Great Great Grandma’s sewing machine that still works. Above it hangs a photograph of my Great Great Great Great! Grandparents!! That’s a lot of greats! (Kind of an eerie photo…)
4) My favorite of all their antiques is their stereo record player!
However, they do have an (slightly) updated source of music… an old boom box:
5) Here a few more items along with the oven:
My grandparents house has begun to feel more like a museum now that I have realized the authentic treasures it holds. I have appreciated leaning the stories behind some of those treasures and look forward to seeing what other treasures I can find!